RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||35 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||35 days after expiration date|
.BIO is a new generic Top-Level-Domain (gTLD)
- Minimum: 1
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
Please note, all 2 letter domains are not available.
.BIO domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.bio period = 1 ownercontact0 = [owner handle] admincontact0 = [admin contact] techcontact0 = [tech contact] billingcontact0 = [billing contact] nameserver0 = [nameserver1] nameserver1 = [nameserver2]
Please note: After a successful registration of the domain, it will be transfer locked from the registry for a period of 60 days.
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
Registrant changes for .BIO domains can be done online via api or webinterface.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.bio ownercontact0 = [new owner handle]
.BIO domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.bio period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
.BIO Domains can be deleted online through the Delete Command.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.bio
Organic agriculture compliance mechanisms:
- A nexus with the European Union (i.e.: selling, exporting to or trading agricultural or food product in the European Union) or other relevant markets where the word “bio” may be used to refer to legally labeled and marketed organic, biological, ecological, biodynamic, or similarly named goods or intending to do so (“nexus with the European Union”); and
- No nexus with the European Union. The Registrant who has no nexus with the European Union must commit to abiding by the POA.
The Registrant who has a nexus with the European Union must commit to abiding by both: - The POA; - The Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labeling and its derived legislation, or any regulations in force in other relevant markets (the “E.C Regulations”). .For the best interest of the consumers and in order for the Registrant to demonstrate its commitment to the POA, it is recommended to the Registrant to copy and paste on the Registrant’s website homepage a label provided by the Registry on its website www.startingdot.com/bio/bio-trust-seal/ (the” the BIO Trust Seal”) that has a permanent html link to a web page hosted by the Registrant.
More about the information that needs to be provided can be found here.
.BIO transfers are possible. Upon successfully transferring a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
- .BIO Transfers can either be done through the RRPproxy WebInterface or API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = domain.bio action = request auth = .....
- After the transfer has been requested, our backend system sends a confirmation email to the Owner/Admin-C according to the WHOIS of the respective domain. In order to initiate the transfer successfully it is important, that this email is confirmed.
- After confirmation the transfer is initiated through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request.
- The losing registrar will also send an email to the Owner/Admin-C. allowing him/her to deny the transfer. If you do not respond to the email of the losing registrar, then the transfer will get processed successfully after 5 days.
|If the Email-Address in the WHOIS is invalid, then the transfer cannot be processed.If this is the case, then kindly contact your current registrar and ask him to update the WHOIS information accordingly.|
- A .BIO Domain Transfer must be initiated with a so-called Authorisation Code, which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS.
If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that the domain will be unlocked.
- Please note that we are only allowed to initiate a gTLD transfer after confirmation of the "ICANN Form of Authorization" by the current registrant. The policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/
- After a successful transfer of the domain, it will be transfer locked from the registry for a period of 60 days.
A transfer takes 5 days to complete.
Restores are possible within 30 days upon deletion. A restore can be done via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.bio