RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||0 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||2 days prior to expiration date|
.COM.BR is the official third-level domains of Brazil.
Any companies or individuals from Brazil who are interested in registering an .COM.BR Domain.
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 26
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
Yes (only portuguese additional characters)
.COM.BR domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = adddomain domain = yourdomain.com.br X-BR-REGISTER-NUMBER = CPF | CNPJ period = 1....10 ...
There is a parameter which is mandatory for the registration of a .BR domain without trustee service:
The CPF is the financial identity number provided by the Brazilian Government for every Brazilian citizen in order to charge taxes and financial matters. The CNPJ is the same as the CPF but it works for companies.
- The CPF must be given in the following format: NNN.NNN.NNN-NN
- The CNPJ must be given in the following format: NN.NNN.NNN/NNNN-NN
- If you register the domain without trustee service then you have to state a billing contact with a valid Brazilian address.
If there is no eligible contact available you can use our Trustee Service which offers such a contact. To use the optional service you can submit the following extension:
X-BR-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 1
(required) command = adddomain domain = yourdomain.com.br X-BR-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 1 period = 1....10 ...
- After the domain's registration, our system could have add a further extension to your domain. This will happen, if a concurrent application is active at the registry. The extension is X-BR-CONCURRENT-APPLICATION. It's value is 1. The extension is read-only and not available by API.
- The validation process by the trustee can take between one and three days
- The trustee service is NOT available for ORG.BR domain names
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
There is no automated way to change the registrant of a domain.
.COM.BR domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.com.br period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
A .COM.BR domain can only be deleted by using the nic.br online form.
Important: The online form is only available in portuguese.
- Configured name servers are required. A zone check can be found at: http://registro.br/cgi-bin/nicbr/dnscheck
- The Billing-Contact as well as the Owner-Contact need a local presence in Brazil. Therefore you can use our trustee service or provide us with your Brazilian register number (for the owner contact) and a Brazilian contact handle (for the billing contact).
- In case of a Brazilian contact the two letter state value is mandatory:
- Acre - AC
- Alagoas - AL
- Amapá - AP
- Amazonas - AM
- Bahia - BA
- Ceará - CE
- Distrito Federal - DF
- Espíríto Santo - ES
- Goiás - GO
- Maranhão - MA
- Mato Grosso - MT
- Mato Grosso do Sul - MS
- Minas Gerais - MG
- Pará - PA
- Paraíba - PB
- Paraná - PR
- Pernambuco - PE
- Piauí - PI
- Rio de Janeiro - RJ
- Rio Grande do Norte - RN
- Rio Grande do Sul - RS
- Rondônia - RO
- Roraima - RR
- Santa Catarina - SC
- São Paulo - SP
- Sergipe - SE
- Tocantins - TO
- In order for an organization to be eligible for ORG.BR names registration it must prove it is a non-governamental and not-for-profit organization. Therefore our trustee service can not be used.
- A domain might not be available for registration by having participated in more than six (6) consecutive release processes. Details about the liberation process can be found here.
A transfer of a .COM.BR domain is possible.
- Initiate the transfer in the RRPproxy system
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = yourdomain.com.br action = request
- Important: Please note that the online form is only available in Portuguese. Transfer Form
- The current domain owner has to sign the document and has to have it notarially certified . Afterwards the document has to be sent to the address mentioned on the document, which is the registry NIC.BR. The registry will then contact the Trustee.
- In the download area of the webinterface you can find an example transfer form.
A transfer takes 21 days to complete.
Restores are possible for a period of 20 days after expiration date. A restore can be requested via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.com.br