RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1 month or 1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||1 day prior to expiration date|
.DE is the official country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of Germany (Deutschland)
A .DE Domain is normally used by companies or private entities who are located in Germany.
- Minimum: 1
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
.DE domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.de ownercontact0 = .... admincontact0 = .... techcontact0 = .... billingcontact0 = .... nameserver0 = .... nameserver1 = ....
Here you can find the DENIC Domain Guidelines, that should be considered.
Domain registration with Trustee Service
If the domain owner has no valid German postal address, he can register the domain with our Trustee service.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.de ownercontact0 = .... admincontact0 = .... techcontact0 = .... billingcontact0 = .... nameserver0 = .... nameserver1 = .... X-DE-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 1
Domain registration with NSentries
DENIC supports so called NSentries which can be used instead of name servers. Configuration details for name servers and NSEntries can be found here.
- A and MX records are supported (CNAME and other records cannot be set)
- wildcards (*) can only be used for MX, but not for A records.
- only the corresponding domain name or subdomain name can be set as NSentry
- NSentries can be used with AddDomain, ModifyDomain or TransferDomain command
- up to 5 NSentries can be set using extension "X-DE-NSENTRY0" - "X-DE-NSENTRY4"
- either NSentries OR nameservers can be used
- if both values have been provided, the nameservers are ignored
- if neither configured nameservers nor NSentries have been provided in AddDomain command, a default NSentry will be set in order to prevent the domain from deletion
- the complete set of NSentries is always updated
- .DE does not use name server objects; instead, only glue records are supported, wherefore a ModifyDomain has to be issued and a ModifyNameserver is not sufficient
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.de ownercontact0 = .... admincontact0 = .... techcontact0 = .... billingcontact0 = .... nameserver0 = .... nameserver1 = .... X-DE-NSENTRY0 = mail.domain.de. IN MX 10 mail.yourserver.de X-DE-NSENTRY1 = www.domain.de. IN A 184.108.40.206 X-DE-NSENTRY2 = ftp.domain.de. IN A 220.127.116.11 X-DE-NSENTRY3 = mail.domain.de. IN A 18.104.22.168 X-DE-NSENTRY4 = smtp.domain.de. IN A 22.214.171.124
The NSEntry value can be changed with a domain modification command.
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
A change of the registrant for a .DE domain can be done by specifying the new owner contact handle with the ModifyDomain command.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.DE ownercontact0 = P-XXXXX
|Please note, that you need a signed confirmation form of the old and new owner, in case of a review of the ownerchange by DeNIC.|
It is not possible to change the name and or organization within a contact handle after the domain has been registered. You have to create a new handle and modify the domain with this new handle.
As .DE domains can only be registered on a monthly or yearly basis, they cannot be renewed explicitly. To renew a .DE domain you have to set the domain renewal mode or default renewal mode to "AUTORENEW" or "RENEWONCE".
.DE Domains can be deleted online through the DeleteDomain Command.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.DE
|Please note that you're only allowed to delete .DE domains if you have the authorization of the domain owner.|
If you don't have the authorization of the owner you can push a domain to the registry (DeNIC Transit) with the PushDomain command or by setting the domain renewal mode to "AUTOEXPIRE".
(required) command = SetDomainRenewalMode renewalmode = AUTOEXPIRE domain = yourdomain.DE
- Owner or Admin contacts must have a valid address (no P.O. Box) located in Germany.
- Configured nameservers are required.
- A web based ZoneCheck is available.
.DE Transfers are possible. Upon successfully transfering a .DE domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. Please note that when a .DE Domain is transferred successfully, then the registration period starts from the beginning.
You can initiate a .DE domain transfer either through the RRPproxy WebInterface or through API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = domain.de action = request auth = .......
Please also refer to the Denic information provided for further information Provider Change with AuthInfo
- The transfer has to be initiated with an authcode.
You can set an authorization code via webinterface or API.
It is not possible to change the authorization code and anything else (nameserver, contacts) at the same time.
API Syntax of the new command:
(required) command = SetAuthCode domain = domain.de auth = AuthCode (optional) type = 1|2 (optional: default = 1 for AuthInfo1, 2 = AuthInfo2) action = set | delete (optional: default = set)
Requirements for a .DE authorization code
- The authInfo will need to have at least twelve but not more than 16 characters.
- Valid characters are:
A, B, C, D, E‚ F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, m, n, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 +, -, /, *
- Invalid characters are:
I (uppercase i), l (lowercase l), O (uppercase o), o (lowercase o) and 0 (zero) and 1
- Two different codes are available: AuthInfo1 and AuthInfo2.
- Once you set the authorization code it will be valid for a period of 30 days or until you delete it.
- In the case that both codes are requested, you can use each of them for the transfer of domains.
- You can only apply for AuthInfo1 for domains that are administered by us.
- You are able to request for AuhtInfo2 for any domain name. The code will then be sent by certified mail to the domain holder respectively to the Admin-C by DENIC.
- Please notice that the request for a AuthInfo2 is not free of charge.
AuthInfo2 is only necessary if your current provider is not willing or able to provide you with the current AuhInfo1. Then you have the ability to order a AuthInfo2 through your new registrar. After this has been initiated a letter will be send to the owner-c or admin-c (if owner-c has no German address) by mail. Please note also that this is not free of charge. For further information please contact our support
Transfer from RGP
Now, it is possible to transfer a .DE domain name during RGP but therefore it is mandatory to provide all contacts and two correctly configured nameservers within the TransferDomain command.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = yourdomain.de auth = ownercontact0 = P-XXXX (mandatory) admincontact0 = P-XXXX (mandatory) techcontact0 = P-XXXX (mandatory) billingcontact0 = P-XXXX (mandatory) nameserver0 = (mandatory) nameserver1 = (mandatory)
A transfer is done immediately.
After a .DE domain has been deleted, it will enter the RGP (Redemption Grace Period) which allows to restore the domain within 30 days. The RGP should protect against domain loss by accidental deletion. If no reactivation takes place in this period the domain will be deleted after 30 days. Domains with an ongoing dispute are excluded from this RGP rule and will be deleted directly and irrevocably.
Upon the deletion af a domain name, the domain status in the whois first changes to "RedemptionPeriod". If a AuthInfo2 code is requested during the Redemption Grace Period the period is reset to 30 days. .DE domains that are registered with another provider and are in the RGP can be restored with a TransferDomain command (when specifying the AuthInfo2 code) and transferred to RRPproxy.
(required) command = RestoreDomain domain = yourdomain.de