RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||0 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||2 days prior to expiration date|
.TW is the official country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of Taiwan.
Companies located in Taiwan, as well as companies or corporations who have business with Taiwan.
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
- IDN Restrictions:
- Only for traditional chinese characters beneath .TW
- not under Third-Level .TW Domains.
.TW domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.tw period = .. ownercontact0 = [owner handle] admincontact0 = [admin contact] techcontact0 = [tech contact] billingcontact0 = [billing contact] nameserver0 = [nameserver1] nameserver1 = [nameserver2]
For the registration of a .ORG.TW domains a special contact handle is required.
The company/organization is required together with the Unified Business Number. It has to be inserted in the contact information as below
<Unified Business Number>::<Organization Name> e.g. 17597502::ABC Company
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
Registrant changes for .TW domains can be done online via api or webinterface.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.tw ownercontact0 = [new owner handle]
.TW domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.tw period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
.TW Domains can be deleted online through the Delete Command.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.tw
Registrants of TW Domains must comply to the General Terms and Conditions of .TW Domains:
- Supervision and Guidance Regulation for Internet Protocol (IP) Address and Domain Name Registration and Management Services currently at http://www.twnic.net.tw/file/ip0320.htm
- Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registration currently at http://www.twnic.net.tw/english/dn/dn_02.htm
- Guidelines for Authorisation of Domain Name Registration Services, currently at http://www.twnic.net.tw/english/dn/dn_07.htm
- TWNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, currently at http://www.twnic.net.tw/english/dn/dn_04.htm
- Rules for TWNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, currently at http://www.twnic.net.tw/english/dn/dn_04a.htm
- A registration for .ORG.TW domains is now only possible for non profit organizations located in Taiwan. The only exception is for foreign non-profit organizations that provide supporting documentation of their non-profit status under the competent laws of their jurisdiction and if the Domain Name Committee of TWNIC approves such documentation. Here you can download the necessary document for an application of a .ORG.TW domain name. Application_for_ORG.TW.pdf
- The registrant for a .COM.TW domain name must be a corporation registered under the Company Law or a business registered under the Commercial Entity Registration Law, or a foreign corporation registered under competent national or state laws. Also the registrant should provide true, complete and accurate information. The registrant will be asked to submit documentations for review when necessary.
- Min. 2 / Max. 13 nameservers
TW Domain-Transfers are possible. Upon successfully transfering a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
| Please note that at this point in time it is only possible to transfer .TW Domains between NeuLevel accredited registrars only.
.TW Domain-Transfers can either be done through the RRPProxy WebInterface or API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = yourdomain.tw action = request auth = ....
- A .TW Domain Transfer must be initiated with a so-called "Authorisation Code", which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Please ensure, that you have a correct "Authorisation Code" associated with the domain, before initiating the transfer, otherwise it will fail.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS. If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that this be unlocked.
- Initiate the transfer on time and not just shortly before the domain expires.
- Please ensure that the domain is older than 60 days otherwise the transfer will be denied.
- Please note that you need a signed request from the registrant before you initiate the transfer.
Transfer from domestic registrar
.TW transfers from a domestic registrar in Taiwan to our gateway registrar are still a manual process. Please use the following draft to create a transfer document for domestic domains: TW_domestic_domain_transfer.pdf
Send the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of the further procedure. Please verify, that the domain/s are not locked and the authcode is still valid prior to the submission of documents.
The transfer of a .TW domain will usually take 7 to 10 days.
Restores are possible in general. A restore can be requested via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.tw
Please note: The restore request will be manually processed by our support team. You will be notified by email.