RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||29 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||29 days after expiration date|
|Registration System:||Non-realtime, up to 2 working days|
.EC is the so-called country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of Ecuador.
.EC Domains can be registered by anyone.
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 65
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
.EC domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.ec ownercontact0 = [owner handle] admincontact0 = [admin contact] techcontact0 = [tech contact] billingcontact0 = [billing contact] nameserver0 = [nameserver1] nameserver1 = [nameserver2]
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
Registrant changes for .EC domains can be done online via api or webinterface.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.ec ownercontact0 = [new owner handle]
.EC domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.ec period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
- Max. renewal period in advance is 10 years total.
.EC Domains can be deleted online through the Delete Command.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.ec
No domain names which:
- are formed by words or phrases that may turn offensive, harsh or that may affect moral or public order or that may go against Ecuadorian Law.
- deal with official aspects or subjects without a proper authorization.
- match with protocol names, applications and terminology of the Internet or domain name terminology , e.g. "http", "web", "www", "ftp", "telnet", "email", etc.
- match identically and under the same level, with existing domain names within the database of NIC.EC.
- match names restricted for registry, according to NIC.EC Policies.
- Country names and city names are blocked.
- Max. 13 namservers
.EC Transfers are possible. Upon successfully transferring a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
- .EC Transfers can either be done through the RRPproxy WebInterface or API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = domain.ec action = request [optional, please see Transfer notes] auth = .....
- A .EC Domain Transfer can be initiated with a so-called Authorisation Code, which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- A .EC domain Transfer can also be initiated without authcode. The loosing registrar has to confirm the transfer of the domain within 14 days. If the loosing registrar does not approve nor deny, the transfer will automatically disapproved from the registry after 14 days.
- Important: If NIC.EC Registrar is the registrar, the transfer request is done without authcode. The registry requires a Letter of Authorization (LoA) signed by the registrant to approve the transfer of the domain. Please send the LoA to firstname.lastname@example.org after the transfer request.
A transfer of a .EC domain will be processed immediately or is pending up to 14 days, depending if the transfer was initiated with or without authorization code.
Restores are possible for a period of 7 days. A restore can be done via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.ec