RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||35 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||35 days after expiration date|
.FILM is a new generic Top-Level-Domain (gTLD)
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
.FILM domains can be registered online through webinterface or API.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.film period = 1 ownercontact0 = .... admincontact0 = .... techcontact0 = .... billingcontact0 = .... nameserver0 = .... nameserver1 = ....
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
Registrant changes for .FILM domains can be done online via API or webinterface.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.film ownercontact0 = [new owner handle]
.FILM domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.film period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
.FILM domains can be deleted online through the DeleteCommand.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.film
RSP will ensure through it's Registration Agreement that the registrant acknowledges and agrees that:
To support the mission and purpose of the TLD, in order to register or renew a domain name the Applicant or Registrant must:
- be the intended beneficiary of the domain name registration; and
- satisfy both Criteria A and B, as described in this section.
Criteria A – Member of the Film Industry
In order to register a .film domain name, the Registrant or Applicant must be associated with the film industry, which consists of individuals, businesses and organisations that fit into any one of the following categories:
- Actively involved in the Film Industry (e.g. producers, distributors, sales agents, studios, directors, writers, photographers, technicians, actors, press, film festivals, associations); or
- Provide products or services to the Film Industry (e.g. lawyers, agents, PR and marketing firms, financiers, designers, equipment suppliers, domain registrars, IT and hosting providers).
Criteria B – Closely Connected
The Applicant must be closely connected to the domain name. In line with the TLD’s mission and purpose, all Applicants must be able to demonstrate a close connection with the domain name being registered. By way of example and for the purposes of guidance only, the domain name may be:
- a name that includes, or is derived from, one or more words of:
- the Applicant’s organisation or personal name; or
- a good or service that the Applicant provides;
- A name for a film title for which the applicant is the rights holder (e.g. screenplay, production or distribution rights); or
- an event that the Applicant organises; or
- a profession that the Applicant, or its employees, practice.
.FILM domain transfers are possible. Upon successfully transferring a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
- .FILM Transfers can either be done through the RRPproxy WebInterface or API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = domain.film action = request auth = .....
- After the transfer has been requested, our backend system sends a confirmation email to the Owner/Admin-C according to the WHOIS of the respective domain. In order to initiate the transfer successfully it is important, that this email is confirmed.
- After confirmation the transfer is initiated through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request.
- The losing registrar will also send an email to the Owner/Admin-C. allowing him/her to deny the transfer. If you do not respond to the email of the losing registrar, then the transfer will get processed successfully after 5 days.
|If the Email-Address in the WHOIS is invalid, then the transfer cannot be processed.If this is the case, then kindly contact your current registrar and ask him to update the WHOIS information accordingly.|
- A .FILM domain is locked for transfers after a domain creation or a previous transfer for a period of 60 days
- A .FILM Domain Transfer must be initiated with a so-called Authorisation Code, which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS.
If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that the domain will be unlocked.
- Please note that we are only allowed to initiate a gTLD transfer after confirmation of the "ICANN Form of Authorization" by the current registrant. The policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/
A transfer takes 5.0 days to complete.
Restores are possible within 30 days upon deletion. A restore can be done via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.film