RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-10 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||44 days|
|Deletion Timeframe:||44 days after expiration date|
|WHOIS-Update:||12 to 15 hours|
.US is the official country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of the United States.
A .US Domain can be registered by anyone or any corporations who comply with the registration guidelines (see Restrictions).
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
.US domains can be registered online through webinterface or API, however some special parameters are required.
(required) command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.us ownercontact0 = P-XXXX admincontact0 = P-XXXX techcontact0 = P-XXXX billingcontact0 = P-XXXX nameserver0 = [nameserver1] nameserver1 = [nameserver2] x-us-nexus-apppurpose = P1|P2|P3|P4|P5 x-us-nexus-category = C11|C12|C21|C31|C32 x-us-nexus-validator = CC (only needed, if x-us-nexus-category equals C31 or C32)
- Enter one of the following purposes.
- P1 - Business use for profit
- P2 - Non-profit business, club, association, religious organization, etc.
- P3 - Personal use
- P4 - Education purposes
- P5 - Government purposes
- A natural person,
- C11 - Who is a United States citizen.
- C12 - Who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its posessions or territories.
- A U.S. Organization incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. States, the District of Columbia, or any of the U.S. Possessions or territories or organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories or a U.S. Federal, state, or local government entity or a political subdivision thereof.
- C21 - U.S. Organization incorporated within one of the 50 states or a U.S. Territory
- An entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories.
- C31 - Regularly engages in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial, including not-for-profit relations in the United States).
- C32 - Entity has an office or other facility in the US.
- A natural person,
- Specify the two-letter country-code of the registrant (if Nexus Category is either C31 or C32).
For further information see the .US Nexus Requirements
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
Registrant changes for .US domains can be done online via api or webinterface.
(required) command = ModifyDomain domain = yourdomain.us ownercontact0 = [new owner handle]
The update (modification) has to be done in two steps: * First, modify the domain with the new contact handles * Second, modify the domain with the new Nexus parameters
.US domains can be renewed through the webinterface or with the corresponding API command.
(required) command = RenewDomain domain = yourdomain.us period = [renew period] expiration = [current year of expiration]
.US Domains can be deleted online through the DeleteDomain command.
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = yourdomain.us
A .US Domain can only be registered by any U.S. citizen or resident, as well as any business or organization, including federal, state, and local government with a bona fide presence in the United States.
One of the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- A natural person
- who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories or
- whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or
- Any entity or organization that is
- incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or
- organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or territories, or
- An entity or organization (including federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States. See Section B.3.1 of the NeuStar proposal to the Department of Commerce for details concerning what constitutes a "bona fide presence".
There is also a requirement for the name servers, these need to be physically in the US.
.US Domain-Transfers are possible. Upon successfully transfering a domain, it is automatically renewed for one year. The registration period is extended by one year.
.US Domain-Transfers can either be processed through the RRPproxy WebInterface or API.
(required) [COMMAND] = command = TransferDomain action = request domain = yourdomain.us auth = ....
- A .US Domain Transfer must be initiated with a so-called "Authorisation Code", which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Please ensure, that you have a correct "Authorisation Code" associated with the domain, before initiating the transfer, otherwise it will fail.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS. If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that this be unlocked.
- Initiate the transfer on time and not just shortly before the domain expires.
- Please ensure that the domain is older than 60 days otherwise the transfer will be denied.
A transfer takes 10.0 days to complete.
Restores of .US domains are possible within 30 days upon a domain's deletion. A restore can be requested via API command or via webinterface.
(required) command = restoredomain domain = yourdomain.us