RRPproxy is the Reseller Portal for ISPs, Registrars & Domain Investors. Domains, Hosting & More ...
|Registration Period:||1-5 years|
|Autorenew Grace Period:||days|
|Registration System:||Non-realtime, up to 7 working days|
|Dispute Policy:||[ Policy]|
FTLD: fullfilment TLDs are registered through a manual registration process that might involve documents, depending on respective registry regulations, and are therefore not automated for real-time registrations and real-time updates. Updates might cause additional costs.
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
NIC Uruguay will allow the registration of IDN domains since the 14th of June 2016.
The IDNs allowed correspond to the following Spanish characters and the process will have 2 stages for its implementation
IDNs: á, é, í, ó, ú, ü y ñ
1. First stage: From the 14th of June until the 18th of September 2016
- Only owners of domains registered until the 31st of May 2016 can request the registration of IDN domains.
- The domain name to register must be equal to the registered domains applying the derivation rules mentioned below.
- The contact details of the domain (owner, admin and technical contacts) will be the same the origin domain had when it was registered.
- The contact details could be changed after the domain is registered according to the NIC's politics.
- If a domain does not have a letter *Ñ*, the domains will be activated once it is requested and registered.
- If a domain has a letter *Ñ*, the domain will be left *pending* for its review and assignation once this stage is finished.
Rules of Derivation
A domain name (origin domain) may generate one or more domains with IDN according to the following rules:
- 1º Rule: Letter *a* can be replaced by the character **á** (a with a written accent).
- 2º Rule: Letter *e* can be replaced by the character **é** (e with a written accent).
- 3º Rule: Letter *i* can be replaced by the character **í** (i with a written accent).
- 4º Rule: Letter *o* can be replaced by the character **ó** (o with a written accent).
- 5º Rule: Letter *u* can be replaces by the character **ú** (u with a written accent).
- 6º Rule: Letter *u* can be replaces by the character **ü** (u with diaeresis).
- 7º Rule: The combinations of: letter *n* before a vowel (e.g. pano), or letters *nh*, *ni*, *nn*, *ny*, *gn* can be replaced by the character **ñ**.
2.- Second stage: From the 19th of September 2016
- Any domain with IDN could be registered without applying any Derivation rule, with the exception of the pending domains from the first stage that are in process of assignation.
As you may know, the admin and billing contact of a .UY domain must have a local address. Thus, these contacts are provided automatically by us when registering a .UY domain name. A new rule will come into effect that the owner contact must have a local presence as well. Again, we will automatically provide you with a local address in Montevideo. We begin using this address for new registrations as of now. Existing domains will be gradually updated as well. These updates will be performed at no charge.
However, the change only applies to the physical address and phone number of the owner contact. We will continue to use you clients' names for the registrant field. If you have clients that have a physical presence in Uruguay and require that their own address appear on the Whois, we can accommodate this without any problem. However, this is not our default procedure and would need to be requested explicitly before submitting a domain application. Please contact our support team in such a case.
- Due to technical reasons the initial registration period is 11 months
Would you like to have instant access to RRPproxy and more than 300 domain extensions? Sign-up here for free ...
(required) command = TradeDomain domain = yourdomain.uy action = request
Domains can be deleted via API or in the Account
(required) command = DeleteDomain domain = domain.uy
Local address and phone line for owner-, admin and billing contact is required
- .UY Transfers are possible.
.UY Transfers can either be done through the RRPproxy WebInterface or API.
(required) command = TransferDomain domain = domain.uy action = request