- Admin-, Tech- and Billing- contact have to be a natural person
- Since 2010 it is no longer possible to change the contact information of the domain holder trough a registrar.
- The domain holder has to login at the registry with his NIC handle (can be found in whois information). The password can be recovered here: https://www.nic.es/sgnd/contacto/passRecoverInicializar.action?tContacto.nic. The domain holder will then receive an email with his credentials.
- The email address of the domain holder and admin contact can only be changed by the respective contact at the registry directly.
The SGND the list of reserved terms consisting of names of toponyms that coincide with the official denomination of the Territorial Public Administrations can be found here (https://www.dominios.es/sites/dominios/files/2021-08/toponimos_20210212.pdf).
These names are put on hold when registrations are submitted, the applications are rejected if requirements are not met. Anyone can submit a registration so it's not blocked. However the eligibility criteria is as follows:
The owner of the domain must be the Territorial Public Administration, the constitutional body, the State Institution or the international or supranational organisation, legitimised to request the domain name in accordance with the list of reserved terms, approved by Instruction of the President of the Public Business Entity Red.es dated 12 September 2005.
Only legal persons/ organisations can register these reserved domains. The organisation name must match the reserved names/ include the reserved name I believe.
Once registrations are submitted, the order goes into 'PDOC'/ Pending Documentation status. If documents are not submitted within 10 days the registration will be cancelled.
Documents that are submitted are reviewed by their team within 24-48hrs (as confirmed by phone).
- Documentation accrediting that the holder is the Territorial Public Administration, constitutional body, State Institution or international or supranational body, legitimised to request the domain name in accordance with the list of reserved terms, approved by Instruction of the President of the Public Business Entity Red.es dated 12 September 2005.
FOR NIF (TAX number)
- Copy of the holder's Tax Identification Card.