- Owner has to be located in Hong Kong
- A company registration number and supporting documents are required (for organizations) or a faxed copy of the personal ID/passport (for individuals) is required for registration.
- For a Second-Level '.hk' domain name, applications are accepted from organizations and individuals from both local and overseas.
- Use of the word "government", "bank", "assurance", "insurance" or derivatives of these names require additional justification documents.
- The change of name servers is NOT free of charge for a domain under an old contract! To change the name servers you have to accept a special parameter "ACCEPT-NSCHANGE=1". You can check the information with the "StatusDomain" command. The domain parameter X-HK-CONTRACT-VERSION (e.g. in the response of a StatusDomain) shows the needed information.