- One and two character names are not allowed.
- All top level and 2nd level generic names (e.g. co, com, net) are banned from being used as 2nd and 3rd level names except when the Committee determines to increase the .com.gi namespace.
- The .gi top level zone (without any preceding generic zone) is for the exclusive use of Gibraltar registered businesses and organisations and may only be used for their own local services/purposes.
- No .com.gi Domain Name may be used or appear to be used for pornography or any other activity that is illegal in Gibraltar.
- Any domain names which, in the opinion of the Committee, may be considered offensive or defamatory are not allowed.
- Where two applications are for the same name then the one which is received first shall have prior claim.
- In the case of a domain name dispute, Sapphire's Domain Name Dispute Policy shall be adhered to.
- There shall be at least 2 nameservers for the domain (with addresses specified in the request) operating at the time the request is submitted. There is no restriction on the physical location or IP address of these nameservers.