- Organizations located in Norway and registered in Norway (Organization Number from Norway Central Register needed), restricted to 100 domainnames per owner.
- Enterprises must be registered as an approved type of organization in the Brønnøysund Register Centre (Enhetsregisteret) and have a Norwegian postal address.
- Natural persons are allowed to register since June 17, 2014 and the requirements for individuals to register a .no domain name are:
- The applicant must be 18 years or older, registered in the National Registry (Folkeregisteret) with a Norwegian national identity number (fødselsnummer) and have a Norwegian post address. Each private individual may have up to 5 domain names directly under .no. Private persons may also have up to 5 domains within any geographical category they belong to, and up to 5 domains within priv.no. More information can be found on the registry website.
- Pre-configured DNS (for DNS pre-checks us the registry ZONECHECK). Norid provides guidelines regarding the configuration.