The following categories of companies, organisations and individuals will be able to register a .xn--e1a4c domain:
- undertakings having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway;
- organisations established within the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway without prejudice to the application of national law;
- natural persons resident European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway;
- citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway, independently of their place of residence
- All others can use our trustee service.
- As there is no existing admin contact at the registry, the admin contact in our system will always be the same as the owner contact.
Abuse Prevention Early Warning System(APEWS): Launch of a new mechanism that determines whether the delegation is delayed
- 1.1. Introduction
- The status Delayed indicates that the delegation of a domain name in the .eu zone file cannot be completed immediately. A registration may have this status whenever name servers are added for the first time, either during the registration process or later when updating the domain name.
- EURid postponed the immediate delegation in the .eu zone file for this domain name.
- Any update, delete or transfer transactions can be performed on a delayed domain name via EPP commands or the Registrar Extranet. However, these changes will not be reflected in the .eu zone file. Delayed domain names are temporarily inactive, which means that the website or email address is not working.
- The APEWS (Abuse Prevention Early Warning System) algorithm has been developed by KU Leuven University (Belgium). The algorithm will flag potentially abusive registrations and prevent the immediate delegation of these domain names. EURid will make the final decision on the delegation. The APEWS mechanism could cause the status Delayed to be assigned to more domain names on average.
- 1.3. Why delay the delegation of a domain name?
- By default, domain names will be immediately delegated into the .eu zone file once name servers have been defined.
- Delayed delegation is a dedicated EURid service that will prevent suspicious domain names from entering the .eu zone file immediately. Before the final delegation of a domain name, parameters are checked by verification systems based on machine learning rules. The parameters include but are not limited to: registration data of the domain name holder; name servers used; or abuse notifications from third parties (e.g. spam house). The verification systems will receive notification of registered domain names and will verify if these domain names could potentially lead to abuses. If so, a verification email message is sent to the domain name holder with the registrar in copy.
- Delayed delegation relies on the APEWS algorithm developed by KU Leuven University. The algorithm will suggest a decision regarding whether or not to delay the delegation of a domain name.